PDA

View Full Version : May

AtW
4th October 2017, 21:05
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/04/12/4507195100000578-4947206-image-a-92_1507118336204.jpg

:laugh

Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

sasguru
4th October 2017, 21:07
I liked her not very subtle signal to us Remainers though.;)

shaunbhoy
4th October 2017, 21:09
I liked her not very subtle signal to us Remainers though.;)

Yeah....go Theresa! :winker: :winker: :winker:

stek
4th October 2017, 21:14
Yeah....go Theresa! :winker: :winker: :winker:

She is/was a remainer though.

sasguru
4th October 2017, 21:15
:winker: :winker: :winker:

I like your new signature.
It's good for your prostrate - might ameliorate your obesity.

AtW
4th October 2017, 21:17
She is/was a remainer though.

She is about to exit...

chopper
4th October 2017, 22:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLTaiPZW0AAdk4T.jpg

northernladyuk
5th October 2017, 07:29
It is rather poetic and wistful he you read it

or ever yon

Cirrus
5th October 2017, 09:20
By far the biggest challenge facing the country (and the reason Theresa May was speaking as Prime Minister) is Brexit. Yet she had nothing of any substance to say.

Getting passed the parcel of EU exit was always a big risk that it would explode as the music stopped but I suppose you could still hope that someone could come up with some magnificently creative and dynamic approach. We were all shocked when we realised the Tories had got no-one with any leadership capability and even more bewildered when we saw Terry emerging. She simply is the most dull and dismal thinker you could hope for. She has managed to come up with absolutely nothing. I can't see how that will change.

If she went now I can't seen any other candidates. Boris is amusing on Have I Got News For You but otherwise completely barmy. Same goes for Rees Mogg. Spreadsheet Phil only wants to kick the can down the road presumably hoping the whole thing will gradually dissolve over time and we'll get some diluted mirror-image EU membership that will be the same only worse but the electorate will have got bored and come to terms with the hopelessness of their self deluding dream. David Davis is going through the motions and his strategy seems to be a sort of massive poker game. His cards are rubbish but maybe he can bluff his way until the EU fold.

The Brexiteers are still strongly up for jumping off the skyscraper, convinced they can fly if they flap their arms fast enough but more and more pressure is building up from business and the markets. It's slow now but will get faster.

Will anybody or anything conceivably come to our rescue? Is there any solution to this dilemma?

Pip in a Poke
5th October 2017, 09:25
I'm not a huge fan but I feel a bit sorry for her.

Some of the news organisations are really sticking the boot in.

It was, after all, an unfortunate chapter of accidents.

Mind you, I am being slightly hypocritical here since when the same kind of misfortunes befell Gordon Brown, I found it an absolute gloat fest.

woohoo
5th October 2017, 09:58
I feel a bit sorry for her. Apparently, she is a very hardworking and conscientious person. But public speaking and motivation is not her strength.

Shame its all about the personality and not the job you can do.

Pip in a Poke
5th October 2017, 10:03
I feel a bit sorry for her. Apparently, she is a very hardworking and conscientious person. But public speaking and motivation is not her strength.

Hmmm... yeah, I'd go along with that.

Yes, I feel a bit sorry for her.

BR14
5th October 2017, 10:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Cirrus
5th October 2017, 10:33
I feel a bit sorry for her. Apparently, she is a very hardworking and conscientious person. But public speaking and motivation and choosing who advises her and failing to correct completely vacuous speeches written for her because she can't write them herself, and totally failing to address the problems in front of her, and quite unable to lead her party ie stop being simply pushed around all the time like a puppet .. are not her strengths. If you were at 37000 feet and the engines had stopped, are you the sort of person who feels sorry for the pilots because they are really nice blokes and ever so kind to dogs and cats but unfortunately know f*** all about flying ???

Maybe you are, but really Woozie you need to start being more realistic about things. The dream is over - we're facing Controlled Flight Into Terrain.

Pip in a Poke
5th October 2017, 10:36
If you were at 37000 feet and the engines had stopped, are you the sort of person who feels sorry for the pilots because they are really nice blokes and ever so kind to dogs and cats but unfortunately know f*** all about flying ???

Maybe you are, but really Woozie you need to start being more realistic about things. The dream is over - we're facing Controlled Flight Into Terrain.

Yes, that's all well and good but Ted Heath was at the controls when we took off....

AtW
5th October 2017, 11:26

She can't do the job, her incompetence is so great that it now attracts bad luck - that's the finishing line for a high profile politician

scooterscot
5th October 2017, 11:34
I would rather Corbyn and McDonnell running the country. At least they can get through a speech without being handed their P45.

Pip in a Poke
5th October 2017, 11:37
I would rather Corbyn and McDonnell running the country. At least they can get through a speech without being handed their P45.

Why would you rather? Those two maniacs would crash the UK economy onto the rocks. You don't even live here. I'm fed up of people like you sniping from the sidelines.

AtW
5th October 2017, 11:38
:going back

2-3 years, at best and they are in - all thanks to Brexiters

BrilloPad
5th October 2017, 11:40
:going back

2-3 years, at best and they are in - all thanks to Brexiters

More likely due to young people voting an end to tuition fees.

scooterscot
5th October 2017, 11:41
Why would you rather? Those two maniacs would crash the UK economy onto the rocks. You don't even live here. I'm fed up of people like you sniping from the sidelines.

The country needs to have the reset button pushed. A good and proper property crash can be delivered by Labour. I have interests and assets in the UK. Just like the Chinese folks. :p Interests that might increase after the crash.

May is easily the worse Prime minister since.... Cameron.

BrilloPad
5th October 2017, 11:43
The country needs to have the reset button pushed. A good and proper property crash can be delivered by Labour. I have interests and assets in the UK. Just like the Chinese folks. :p Interests that might increase after the crash.

May is easily the worse Prime minister since.... Cameron.

Was Cameron better than Brown?

AtW
5th October 2017, 11:44

He was better than May, and May will be judged better than the next one...

scooterscot
5th October 2017, 11:45

Brown never gambled 40+ years of relationship with our closest trading partners.

Brown never sold off the council houses, houses that are now so desperately needed.

He was a total numpty for not getting debt under control, however. Although the Tories have only made it worse.

BrilloPad
5th October 2017, 11:52
Brown never gambled 40+ years of relationship with our closest trading partners.

Brown never sold off the council houses, houses that are now so desperately needed.

He was a total numpty for not getting debt under control, however. Although the Tories have only made it worse.

Agreed. Austerity is needed. Who will tell the Guardian?

SueEllen
5th October 2017, 11:54
Agreed. Austerity is needed. Who will tell the Guardian?

Guardian relies on the public sector so ain't going to happen.

BoredBloke
5th October 2017, 12:20

but brown did sell off loads of gold and drove the price down before doing it by telling the markets he was about to sell off loads of gold!

northernladyuk
5th October 2017, 12:39
but brown did sell off loads of gold and drove the price down before doing it by telling the markets he was about to sell off loads of gold!

That's not too many weeks of £350 million magic money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of_UK_gold_reserves,_1999%E2%80%932002#Cost

scooterscot
5th October 2017, 12:45

It is a catchy headline. But was not actually that much money in todays terms. And we'd not have used it either had we still had it. If anything governments are hoarding it rather than giving it up.

barrydidit
5th October 2017, 12:51

Stopped Blair signing up to the Euro though didn't he?

Eirikur
5th October 2017, 13:16
Poor Brits faced with two choices
Hard Brexit and total collaps of the economy
Or
Marxist Venezuela style regime and total collaps of the economy (and probably still hard Brexit)

AtW
5th October 2017, 13:26
Poor Brits faced with two choices
Hard Brexit and total collaps of the economy
Or
Marxist Venezuela style regime and total collaps of the economy (and probably still hard Brexit)

One will follow the other.

Or

Brexit is unrolled and those guilty of instigating it go to jail as a warning to future generations.

SueEllen
5th October 2017, 13:51
One will follow the other.

Or

Brexit is unrolled and those guilty of instigating it go to jail as a warning to future generations.

We are not Russia

AtW
5th October 2017, 13:53
We are not Russia

Brexit won't be unrolled??? :eek

northernladyuk
5th October 2017, 13:56
We are not Russia

Really?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9ux_WqXYAA7IAz.jpg

radish2008
5th October 2017, 14:23

And you don't know that's true.

May should be quite rightly burned. Although with Boris and that other posh ****wit Mogg waiting in the side-lines the alternatives may be worse.

northernladyuk
5th October 2017, 14:25

Well, you're in the wrong place.

radish2008
5th October 2017, 14:26

And what debt is that exactly - most of the national debt at that time was money borrowed to bail out the banks. Nothing like the £1.7 trillion pounds we now owe whilst the Tories forget to mention they have borrowed it.

NigelJK
5th October 2017, 14:28
young people voting an end to them paying for their own tuition fees
FTFY

jamesbrown
5th October 2017, 16:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYx9bDWkAA5YHI.jpg

darmstadt
5th October 2017, 18:54
Well if she does sack him:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLPjDQRWsAAXk1N.jpg:large

He always has a new home or two prepared:

https://e3.365dm.com/17/09/1096x616/skynews-ukip-ukip-logo_4114305.jpg?20170929131808

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5604739.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/duplion.jpg

Cirrus
6th October 2017, 13:19
The US has objected to a deal between the UK and EU to divide agricultural import quotas, one of Theresa May’s key plans for a smooth Brexit.

British and European negotiators had been working on an agreement to split tariff rate quotas, which would allow some agricultural produce to enter the EU from countries outside of the union.

A preliminary deal was drawn up between London and Brussels over how to split the EU’s existing tariff rate quotas (TRQs) - agreed under the World Trade Organisation - but it was rejected by the US, Canada, New Zealand, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Thailand in a co-signed letter.

The news is setback for the Prime Minister, who presented the deal as a breakthrough for a successful Brexit, particularly as Donald Trump was a proponent of Britain exiting the EU.

There's talk Theresa will have to go. I bet she'll be relieved she's out of it.