• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who hates the Queens speech at xmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH4, obviously

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6210324.stm

A veiled Muslim woman will deliver this year's alternative Christmas speech on Channel 4, the broadcaster has said.
    Khadija, a Zimbabwean-born British citizen who has been wearing the full veil - or niqab - for 10 years, has been given the slot.

The message will reflect a year in which the wearing of religious clothing and symbols have "dominated the news agenda", said a Channel 4 spokesman.

A counterpoint to the Queen's Christmas speech first appeared on C4 in 1993.

The spokesman added that the specific contents of the message would be released closer to Christmas Day.

Fantastic, a parasite vs a symbol of an oppressive primitive religion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      The spokesman added that the specific contents of the message would be released closer to Christmas Day.
      Will it be "Convert or die"?
      Last edited by Troll; 5 December 2006, 16:18.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        Fantastic, a parasite vs a symbol of an oppressive primitive religion.

Aye. The world is mad ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not me - for the same reason I don't hate Big Brother or Eastenders.

Comment

I wouldn't miss the Queens speak for the world this year - we've got our drinking game all planned
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Now the festive season is upon us on the bright but cold Christmas Day I would like my message to all that celebrate their traditional Christmas old and young alike: Death to the infidels and let you burn in the hell fire forever, you the non believers. Oh Allah the merciful be praised.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                Now the festive season is upon us on the bright but cold Christmas Day I would like my message to all that celebrate their traditional Christmas old and young alike: Death to the infidels and let you burn in the hell fire forever, you the non believers. Oh Allah the merciful be praised.

Oh god - have you just blown yourself up paddy?!!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Tradition

Un..fcuking believable!! Now I KNOW this country is going completely wacky!!

We can choose to listen to the Queens speech or we can choose not to. Either way it is an English tradition. Why create an alternative? A great film is a much better alternative!!

Why do people want to change this country so much?? OK so reform is necessary to keep up with the times but FFS do we have to go this far? If people want to change it that much then why did they come here? LEAVE and go some where that all this already exists!!

Leave our country alone!!!
                  Last edited by Mustang; 5 December 2006, 16:53.

Comment

Why is a muslim giving a "Christmas" speech?

Comment

Working...
                    X