• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL In This Enviroment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL In This Enviroment

With S24, EPC rules and plenty of red tape are people here buying more or selling down

The london auction tells a really bad story - Today Barnard Marcus has tons of unsold flats mostly in London and typically the small apartments which no one wants

On the other hand apart from equity where can you park your savings other then in London property

Me... I m paying down the mortgage and living nicely

So what's your question?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So what's your question?
      "are people here buying more or selling down"

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
        I don't know.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If I come along and say I’m buying everything DimPrawn style and Dr Doom comes along and says he’s selling everything sasguru style, what do you hope to conclude from those anecdotes? Just look at the headlines. Nationwide results today, for example, with mortgage lending down 30%. BTL lending in March down 20% on the previous March. Sales volumes historically low. One third of landlords planning to sell in the coming year. Prices declining in London and parts of the SE. All the changes in BTL taxation. The BTL market sucks, obviously, but it still beats cryptotwaddle

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_mark

Comment

Me... I m paying down the mortgage and living nicely
              Thanks for the update.

Comment

yes. People are buying more or selling down, some are also just sticking.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am buying more. Extrapolation means that everyone is buying more.

My only slight concern is the recent crackdown on money laundering - especially against the Russians. I doubt it will last.

Comment

Working...
                  X