• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Administration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administration

Hi, Another newbie with a question for you all?
    The contract I have recently been on has had it's payment problems my iniatal question was going to be how have you found the small claims court that sort of thing easy going or not?

But now the extra bumper christmas present has been they owe 2 and 1/2 months fees and have now gone in to receivership/administration. Problems with going direct rather than through the pimps I suppose? anyone else had this and what can I expect?

I'm very happy about all this as you might expect

If they are already in administrators then you have to apply to the people who are appointed in order to get the money.

You will have the same status as other claimants (bank etc.) so you will all get lots, nothing or somewhere in between.

Not that you want to hear it now but...

Credit Checker

Worried about the financial health of your client? Instant, low-priced reports.

http://www.contractoruk.com/money/co...dit_check.html

Comment

Thanks, I guess I am going to have to wait in line.
      What would be the legal implications going direct to the actual client to see if they will take me on for the rest direct for the remainder of project

Comment

Who has gone into recievership? Pimp or client?

If they are in recievership how can there be a "rest of project" as all expenditure should be stopped by the administrators.

If they owe you 2.5 months pay why would you want to stay there and risk more?

Comment

I don't understand that either, but your contract probably has a clause about either party becoming invsolvent. So if it as agent that's going into administration you should have no problem going direct (of course IANAL).

You'll probably get so much in the pound from the receivers, with "so much" being very little.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Get the hell out of there and take some of their stuff with you, like a laptop or something you can get some cash for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
              Get the hell out of there and take some of their stuff with you, like a laptop or something you can get some cash for.
              Advertising theft now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                Advertising theft now?
                I've seen it done...

And to the OP, I've been in a position where I was owed about £4k from a company that went into administration. After registering myself as a creditor with the administrators, I think I finally managed to claim back about £800 after about 12 months or so.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The situation is the client outsourced their email migration to another company who contracted me direct no agencies involved for the length of the project. 8 months in and after making noises that my October fee hasn't been Paid (30 day terms) November to be paid at end of December etc...

So I'll join to the queue and try and negociate terms with the client

Comment

which company

please enlighten us as to who has gone into administration ?

Comment

Working...
                    X