• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest commuting for a contractor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest commuting for a contractor...

1500 miles one-way in his car ...London to Transylvania...The vampire will go home next week until 4th January...Still one more week to invoice...
    The rest is silence...

Maybe not the longest but flight from Glasgow to Campbeltown and back daily for 6 months. Sometimes the only passenger and on first name terms with the flight crew.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
      1500 miles one-way in his car ...London to Transylvania...The vampire will go home next week until 4th January...Still one more week to invoice...
      Make sure you have plenty of virgins' blood during your trip.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        Maybe not the longest but flight from Glasgow to Campbeltown and back daily for 6 months. Sometimes the only passenger and on first name terms with the flight crew.
        So you worked in Campbeltown?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Make sure you have plenty of virgins' blood during your trip.
          Better yet, take some virgins with you.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            So you worked in Campbeltown?
            Machrihanish?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              Machrihanish?
              Machrihanish was closed by that time, there used to be a model aircraft factory in the town, K V Wooster, I updated their systems and developed an stock control / inventory app as well as a now defunct website.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                Better yet, take some virgins with you.
                Unlikely, this is Britain, you know....
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I used to work in Costa Mesa in California and fly there and back every 2 weeks. Good for the air miles if nothing else
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I was asked to fly out to poland and back in a day for some work.

Flew out at 6am ... there at midday. Hour to offices, two hours work, hour back to airport and back home on the 5pm flight. Got back to UK at middnight (after fecking around as I flew out from Stanstead into Luton so had to get taxi to pick car up).

Not doing that ever, ever again.

Comment

Working...
                    X