• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITEPA Information request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITEPA Information request

Hi there,

I've recently received a request for information from my contracting agency about a requirement for me to provide personal and earnings information to them so that they can pass on the information to HMRC. It's called ITEPA (Income Tax PAYE). Here is a link to more information on the matter, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0150171_en.pdf

My contracting agency have said, "HMRC has introduced a new legislation which means we are now required by law to send them a quarterly report which will contain some of your personal information as well as details of your earnings during the reporting period."

Is this something anyone else has experienced or has any knowledge of? I look forward to learning more about this from others as it is not my area of expertise and I hope to learn from others on here who don't mind sharing their knowledge.

Thanks in advance

A quick google would have found you your answer. You could point out to your agent it's not new, it's been around since 2015.

ITEPA Regulations and How they Affect Contractors | Broome Affinity

What is ITEPA and why does it mean recruitment agencies need my personal details? | Corriculo

and the CUK search

ITEPA site:forums.contractoruk.com - Bing
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      A quick google would have found you your answer. You could point out to your agent it's not new, it's been around since 2015.

ITEPA Regulations and How they Affect Contractors | Broome Affinity

What is ITEPA and why does it mean recruitment agencies need my personal details? | Corriculo

and the CUK search

ITEPA site:forums.contractoruk.com - Bing
      Thanks for your reply. You're right it's not new. That's part of my confusion on this. As, so far, I've not found anyone I've mentioned it to that had heard of it. If it's been around since 2015, why is not more well known?

Perhaps it is nothing but I guess I just wanted to share with others on here to see if others have any experience of it and any subsequent actions coming out of the HMRC once they have the data (even if they should already have the data once company accounts are submitted to them).

Comment

Working...
      X