• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity Insurance - Past Work Only ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity Insurance - Past Work Only ?

I took a permanent role in January due to a downturn in the contract firmware / embedded software market over the last couple of years,
    My company is still a legal entity which I wish to retain, and which I also kept going the last time I went into a permanent role to weather the storm.
    My company's last contract included an obligation to have insurance in place for 3 years post contract.
    Does anyone know of a cheaper "past work" only policy, or should I just renew my existing (QDOS) policy?

Try speaking to QDOS, they might be able to quote you happy.

Comment

It's not exactly expensive is it? I can't see introducing any risk by swapping suppliers to save a few pounds a month really works.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

QDOS were always the cheapest option, although I've heard good reports of both Hiscox (who underwrite a lot of other providers) and even Direct Line. Just make sure everything you need is covered: similar accepted risks tend to lead to similar premiums, so if it's a lot cheaper it's probably missing something.

Ignore earlier contract demands, you need it in place when the claim is made against you, which can be years later, so you need to keep it up anyway. And it's not really that much of an expense for something that may be considered to be business critical.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I assume run off is what you're looking for:

Guide To Run Off Cover | Professionalindemnity.co.uk

Stone me, I knew about the 6 year thing, but 12 & 15 years?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2019, 12:54.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
          X