• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How May could win a majority for her deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How May could win a majority for her deal

I could see it playing out like this.

Here is how Theresa May wins a majority for her Brexit deal - Business Insider Nordic

I'm still stock piling just in case though.

She won't get anymore than a meaningless token gesture from the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      I could see it playing out like this.

Here is how Theresa May wins a majority for her Brexit deal - Business Insider Nordic

I'm still stock piling just in case though.
      Although I can see a last-minute cave by HMG, it's this bit that is not quite believable at the moment:

Faced with a last-minute choice between backing May's deal, or a mildly-revised version of it, and crashing out of the EU, it is possible to see how enough Labour MPs could ultimately opt to save the day for the prime minister.
      Labour and the Tories are poles apart, and moving further left/right respectively. It's difficult to conceive that Labour would vote for a deal in any form, this would hand the Tories a respectable Brexit.

IMO Labour would rather we crashed out so they can blame any fallout on the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        She won't get anymore than a meaningless token gesture from the EU.

True but the closer we get to the cliff edge, the more MPs will start to blink.

Running the clock down may just work for No 10.

Comment

Suppose this did happen, and there was still a backstop in the WA

Faced with a last-minute choice between backing May's deal, or a mildly-revised version of it, and crashing out of the EU, it is possible to see how enough Labour MPs could ultimately opt to save the day for the prime minister.
          Do you think the DUP would continue to prop up May's Govt?

Comment

“Oh, will you just f**k off,” EU tells Britain

Comment

Why does she have to fly over can't she just send an e-mail.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                IMO Labour would rather we crashed out so they can blame any fallout on the Tories.
                Yup. Bet the house on it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Best way for May to get the deal through is to hold a GE, win a landslide and guide the ship of state to harbour with strong and stable leadership.

Comment

Comprehensive list of everything that has changed after all seven amendment votes.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X