• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to break up within 5 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU to break up within 5 years

Yep, you heard it first here.

The EU is starting to splinter already and once Brexit has finally happened the EU is done for.

Don't just take my word for it, google it and see what a mess its in.
    Last edited by woohoo; 6 February 2019, 22:06.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

The EU is starting to splinter already and once Brexit has finally happened the EU is done for.

Don't just take me word for it, google it and see what a mess its in.
    The UK will break up first.

Comment

Don't just take me word for it, google it and see what a mess its in.
      Nurse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The UK will break up first.
        funny, but I seemed to have lived OK before the UK joined the EU. Most of what I eat was grown in this country and most of what I bought was made in this country (I didn't like NZ lamb and pasta wasn't as popular then as it is now, and all foreign cars were too expensive or less desirable/fashionable than UK cars - the continentals didn't have anything like the Triumph Tr's or Jaguar XK's)

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          funny, but I seemed to have lived OK before the UK joined the EU. Most of what I eat was grown in this country and most of what I bought was made in this country (I didn't like NZ lamb and pasta wasn't as popular then as it is now, and all foreign cars were too expensive or less desirable/fashionable than UK cars - the continentals didn't have anything like the Triumph Tr's or Jaguar XK's)
          You ate tripe and turnips and drove a banger that you were forced to fix yourself, because you were too poor/tight to pay a mechanic. And you could call a spade a spade and tugged your forelock at your betters.

You can still do all of those things now, except for the spade bit, we try to leave that back in the ‘70s.

Comment

The Brexiteers have given up on the "bright future", as the mess gets bigger they'll try and deflect attention by denigrating the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The Brexiteers have given up on the "bright future", as the mess gets bigger they'll try and deflect attention by denigrating the EU.

1. The Brexiteers? This Brexiteer hasn't given up. If you would like to identify (by name) which Brexiteers have given up the rest of us will have the rounded up and sent to the re-education centre.

2. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how we might denigrate the EU? What facts could we use to do this?

Comment

Don't just take my word for it, google it and see what a mess its in.
                I disagree. Germany will kick the can down the road further.

Thank God the UK is getting out.

Comment

Yeah, we heard that in 2008 at the height of the banking crisis. Guess what never happened?

The US & UK are at more risk of breaking up at this moment in time.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    1. The Brexiteers? This Brexiteer hasn't given up. If you would like to identify (by name) which Brexiteers have given up the rest of us will have the rounded up and sent to the re-education centre.

2. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how we might denigrate the EU? What facts could we use to do this?
                    Perhaps you could come up with some positives to Brexit then. All we ever hear is how bad the EU is, we never hear how we will progress once we leave. And if it's all so wonderful on the other side, why is this government planning for the worst, and why do Brexiters say they are happy to be worse off so long as we're not in the clutches of the child catcher, sorry I meant EU
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X