• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macron vows to block any Brexit delay without a 'clear objective'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macron vows to block any Brexit delay without a 'clear objective'

Good luck getting an extension Theresa.

French President Emmanuel Macron vows to block any Brexit delay without a 'clear objective' | PoliticsHome.com

Speaking at a press conference alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Paris, Mr Macron warned Theresa May that France would use its veto power to prevent any extension to Article 50.

Any request from the Prime Minister to delay Brexit past 29 March would require the unanimous agreement of all 27 EU member states.

“We would support an extension request only if it was justified by a new choice of the British," he told reporters. “But we would in no way accept an extension without a clear objective."

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    Good luck getting an extension Theresa.

French President Emmanuel Macron vows to block any Brexit delay without a 'clear objective' | PoliticsHome.com

Speaking at a press conference alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Paris, Mr Macron warned Theresa May that France would use its veto power to prevent any extension to Article 50.

Any request from the Prime Minister to delay Brexit past 29 March would require the unanimous agreement of all 27 EU member states.

“We would support an extension request only if it was justified by a new choice of the British," he told reporters. “But we would in no way accept an extension without a clear objective."
    Nonsense

1. The EU is a superstate so doesn't have to listen to its vassal states.
    2. The UK holds all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Nonsense

1. The EU is a superstate so doesn't have to listen to its vassal states.
      2. The UK holds all the cards.
      Sorry, I forgot that.

Comment

Hooray! I suddenly approve of the loathsome bastard!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Hooray! I suddenly approve of the loathsome bastard!
          Yes, he now has more supporters this side of "La Manche" than he does on his own.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yes, he now has more supporters this side of "La Manche" than he does on his own.

And he needs both hands to count them.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What a huge comfort it must be to Angela to know that she has the full support of the French President behind her.

As Patton once (allegedly) said "I'd sooner have a German Army in front of me than a French one behind me!"

Mind you, he hadn't encountered the Dutch at that stage. Eh Eirikur?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What a huge comfort it must be to Angela to know that she has the full support of the French President behind her.

As Patton once (allegedly) said "I'd sooner have a German Army in front of me than a French one behind me!"

Mind you, he hadn't encountered the Dutch at that stage. Eh Eirikur?
                My dad was a regular. He wouldn't have mocked an Allied nation who suffered like this at the hands of the Nazis.

German bombing of Rotterdam - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  My dad was a regular. He wouldn't have mocked an Allied nation who suffered like this at the hands of the Nazis.
                  He might have done if he encountered people from that nation mocking Dunkirk etc.

HTH

Comment

He might have done if he encountered people from that nation mocking Dunkirk etc.

HTH

No. He might have taken against that person, but he wouldn't have mocked an Allied nation like that. There but for the grace of God etc.

Try to be the bigger man and rise above it.

Comment

Working...
                    X