• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteers Never Wanted Brexit to Begin With

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History will show that the biggest obstacle to Brexit was its most fervent supporters. That’s no accident.

Brexiteers Never Wanted Brexit to Begin With – Foreign Policy
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

If it appears that the far-right has done everything it can to derail Brexit, that is because it is largely true. The fact that Brexiteers have chosen time and again to put Brexit in peril rather than put it into effect is one of the enduring curiosities of the Brexit saga. In the past two and a half years, they have been the culprits on countless occasions of rejecting Brexit proposals, delaying Brexit decisions, and emboldening calls for a second referendum. While their strong-arming has certainly changed the dynamics of British politics in their favor, making themselves appear to be the sole voice of the British public and making the ERG kingmakers in the Conservative Party, they have done conspicuously little to translate this authority into policy. As the MPs lined up to strike down the deal on Tuesday night, one disgruntled minister reportedly remarked: “It is almost as if they have a psychological aversion to actually getting what they have always wanted.”
    And yet the dumb brexit supporters in the 'spoonies up and down the country blame remainer MPs
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      And yet the dumb brexit supporters in the 'spoonies up and down the country blame remainer MPs
      Well one of the drives behind the brexit vote was to have less 'government'

so heading in the right direction if we ever manage to leave

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well one of the drives behind the brexit vote was to have less 'government'

so heading in the right direction if we ever manage to leave
        Yes, correct, "if ever we manage to leave" - just need your lot to grow some and actually vote to leave and then maybe we can move on to the next stage and start the real negotiations
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
        X