• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working in oz/nz - easy? - any advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working in oz/nz - easy? - any advice?

howdy...

ok - so I fancy a bit of a jaunt in the sun (or rain if it's nz).

There seem to be quite a few jobs up on jobserve.

I want to get my arse down there *before* getting a job - anyone got any advice on the VISA situation, or otherwise? - I did an online test, and it said I had failed the criteria

I am a 35yo C#/.Net Contractor (mainly Asp.net) with a pretty good career history, BSc Physics, MSc Aritificial Intelligence, no family down there...

..oh yes - I realise the wages will be rubbish - maybe the tax situation will be helpful though....

I think if you failed the test then you will need to find employment before going there. The Ozzies have pretty strict immigration laws - not sure about the Kiwis though.

HTH

Comment

Nah - the Kiwi's are gagging for us. The BBC said so on Saturday.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X