• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MyCo dissolved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyCo dissolved

Going throgh wind up and I have now got to the point where MyCo is dissolved. CT has been paid, bank accounts closed etc. IR have said they will pay the interest and filingl bonus to me personally, and I need to include it in the capital distribution.

So, presumably IR have not objected

Question is - what can they now do against the company. Presumably nothing since itr doesn't exist. If they decide they don't like to last CT return is that just tough??

Follow up is what can they do against me. I assume they could still launch an IR35 compliance if they felt like it, because that is personal.

Cheers.

Originally posted by ASB
    Going throgh wind up and I have now got to the point where MyCo is dissolved. CT has been paid, bank accounts closed etc. IR have said they will pay the interest and filingl bonus to me personally, and I need to include it in the capital distribution.

So, presumably IR have not objected

Question is - what can they now do against the company. Presumably nothing since itr doesn't exist. If they decide they don't like to last CT return is that just tough??

Follow up is what can they do against me. I assume they could still launch an IR35 compliance if they felt like it, because that is personal.

Cheers.
    My understanding is that they can still go back 6 years.

Although IR35 is personal, I have only heard of them going against companies. And not chasing previous companies. Some friends close their ltd companies every 3 years just in case. But since IR35 is virtually dead it seems rather pyrric now.

Comment

Working...
    X