• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sell or not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell or not

Houses again,

I have a flat in London East End.

Mortgage +- 125k value +- 170k.

Not too worried about the interest rate hikes at this point as mortgage etc is still cheaper than renting in this area.

I am more concerned with the current sentiment , ie Inflation and more hikes etc and I am worried that this will trigger a selloff or alternatively when chickens come home to roost for our darling PM Brown interest rates are going to go back into double digits

I am on fixed rate until 2009 at 5.45% but I am worried that in 2009 interest rates could be much higher

Shoudl; I take the money and run or just sit tight?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

IMHO the market is one more rise from a fall
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

How far in East End? How close/long to Liverpool Street?

there are 2 markets - one for city, one for rest. city market driven by bonuses - mortgague hardly important. sounds like the flat will not appeal to those with bonus money(too cheap) but might be dragged up by bonuses.

city getting in more and more global money.

independance for London! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk

Yeah, bring it on. Then you can pay for your OWN bleeding Olympics and not farm most of the cost out to the rest of us!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

there are 2 markets - one for city, one for rest. city market driven by bonuses - mortgague hardly important. sounds like the flat will not appeal to those with bonus money(too cheap) but might be dragged up by bonuses.

According to the prog last night, the city bonus is likely to go the way of the Dodo
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Not

Liverpool Street is about an 8 minute walk. Small flat, nice block, (Not Council)
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              Yeah, bring it on. Then you can pay for your OWN bleeding Olympics and not farm most of the cost out to the rest of us!
              we don't want the olympics! does anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                According to the prog last night, the city bonus is likely to go the way of the Dodo
                I fell asleep after 15 mins - why will bonuses go?

Comment

I fell asleep after 15 mins - why will bonuses go?
                  Because there are people willing to work for less, and the halcyon days are coming to an end, recession on the way etc

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    The capital city routinely exploits the rest of the country, in most countries. London is especially competent at getting its snout in the trough while pretending to subsidise everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                    X