• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And you think we have problems?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you think we have problems?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6319093.stm

Fecking outragous if you ask me
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

But some blame the rise on demand for corn to make environmentally-friendly biofuels in the United States.
    This is what is going to happen.

Clap trap about Climate Change being due to driving cars will trick people into these Bio Fuels.

Agricultural land and rain forests will be bulldozed to grow billions of acres of crops for use as fuel (high prices and government pressure will force this).

Result will be massive loss of bio-diversity, millions of hungry people and guess what. It won't make sod all difference to the temperature.

Comment

Plant trees.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Plant trees.
        Gordo does not get any tax from that, so rule that out

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          Gordo does not get any tax from that, so rule that out
          He said he was going to give tax breaks for it. Gone quiet recently though, because he got it arse about face. He'll make up a new tax for anyone who doesn't do it instead.

Comment

Soon there will be tax on farting because it causes global warming

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              Soon there will be tax on farting because it causes global warming
              But surly there's a way of collecting the resultant gas and using it to offset you carbon footprint?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's not surprising given the level of corn futures.

CBOT: Corn
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                X