• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Clarkson

Is a complete and utter w*nker. Despite the fact that I agree with a great deal of what he says I find him an irritating little knob. No wonder his chat show failed as he has no interest in anything other than himself. if you watch Top Gear he always has to win every single pathetic competition that goes on.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Is a complete and utter w*nker. Despite the fact that I agree with a great deal of what he says I find him an irritating little knob. No wonder his chat show failed as he has no interest in anything other than himself. if you watch Top Gear he always has to win every single pathetic competition that goes on.
    Just like yerself.

Next...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I thought the American episode last week was great entertainment: bunch of friends having a few beers, staging a show and taking the piss out of hick Americans.

Anything that gets right up the sandalistas is fine by me...

Dodgy, I'm surprised you think he takes himself seriously when he obviously doesn't...

And yes, his chat show was tulipe... at least he had the decency to quit unlike Charlotte Church...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        I thought the American episode last week was great entertainment: bunch of friends having a few beers, staging a show and taking the piss out of hick Americans.

Dodgy, I'm surprised you think he takes himself seriously when he obviously doesn't...

And yes, his chat show was tulipe... at least he had the decency to quit unlike Charlotte Church...

yes the American episode was excellent entertainment...

jsut realised I actually saw 2 top gear episodes not one

Comment

Bit like Michael Parkinson then.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD

I do like Top Gear, but I cannot stand the atmosphere created by fawning psycophants in the studio. Furthermore behind that seemingly self effacing exterior of Clarkson lies a deeply insecure little prat who cannot stand losing, cannot bear not to be the centre of attention etc.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I do like Top Gear, but I cannot stand the atmosphere created by fawning psycophants in the studio. Furthermore behind that seemingly self effacing exterior of Clarkson lies a deeply insecure little prat who cannot stand losing, cannot bear not to be the centre of attention etc.
              I think we need to understand that a lot of what you see on Top Gear and with JC is very contrived. The producers have obviously engineered it so that when they argue Clarkson normally wins because thats what seems to please the fans. I mean the whole show is scripted so these 'arguments' are all manufactured. That said he does have this irritating habit of slagging of brilliant cars just to be a bit contoversial. Like he constantly goes on about how much he hates 911s. He needs to be more objective.

Comment

My girlfriend hates cars but watches Top Gear. Just as I watch Gordon Ramsey but hate cooking. A good way for us to compromise.

Clarkson admits to being a coward - something the America programme proved where he just ran away leaving the others.

I remember there was a complaint that he did a nazi salute - complaint dismissed as "what do you expect when watching Clarkson - he is just a boy". I do think the same standards should be applied everywhere.

However I love the show and will keep watching it.

Comment

A mate of mine was invited to the studio last year and said the whole thing was scripted and rehearsed and that surprised him as he always thought the show was loose and ad-libbed. Hamster was very chatty, approachable and down to earth (being a Porsche owner as my mate was), Clarkson was as well but not by the same extent.

I've spoken to Clarkson at the motor show at the TVR VIP room and he was just a normal bloke interested in taking the piss out of TVRs and Peter Wheeler (who he is good friends with).

However, he's a journalist, I don't know him very well but I believe his TV persona is heavily contrived. When he was flanned last year he made a good joke about it and took it with an air of decency. Imagine Prescott doing that...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

This is getting weirder, I'm agreeing again with something DA posted. Can't stand him, something about him just makes me wanna give him a feckin slap.

I found some of his comments in the episode last week about the seppo's pretty offensive (Some of the episode itself was very funny), and totally unnecessary. All he spouted was absolute utter stereotypical nonsense about America. If an American had come over here and done an equivalent take on Britain we'd be up in arms cause it would without doubt bear no resemblance to the truth.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X