• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Company Secretary have tax return?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Company Secretary have tax return?

Hi,

The family member I would like to be my company secretary doesn't currently receive a tax return. If I nominate her as company sec, will she start receiving one? I don't plan to make her a shareholder.

Cheers!

If she receives no income from the company then I guess not.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Generally only directors will receive one, certainly if she has no income then I cannot see why she would start getting one.

Alan

Comment

What if she receives a very small income from the Company - say £100 per week perhaps - and some Dividends though staying in the lower tax bracket, will she be required to fill in a Tax Return?

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG
          What if she receives a very small income from the Company - say £100 per week perhaps - and some Dividends though staying in the lower tax bracket, will she be required to fill in a Tax Return?
          I think you will be oushed to justify a salary of £100 per week and I would avoid splitting the shares until the outcome of the Arctic Systems case is clear.

However, provided she did not have an income in excess of the Higher rate threshold and all her other income was taxed at source, there is no reason to see why she would be issued with a return.

Alan

Comment

I'd imagine a rough 75/25 split of dividends between husband & wife would be acceptable to HMRC, irrespective of the Arctic Systems Case outcome?

Comment

Working...
            X