• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I see that Wxman got...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Wxman got...

another appearance fee for last night's C4 documentary on the Great British Weather...

Well done that man...

If anyone needs a lesson on how to see a niche and fill it - take a leaf out of Wxman's book!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes it is sort of like my “plan B” My day job is in fact C# but as some of you know in my out of work interest is the weather! Being a contractor allows me to take almost 5 weeks off in May and June where I head out to the Great plains of America to seek out tornados (Think of the film Twister) and then in September I try to intercept powerful Hurricanes as they make landfall.

The pictures and Video that I shoot is often snapped up by production companies here in the UK and sometimes they ask me to say a few words on the programmes.

I used to keep a list of where and when I has appeared but I did not keep it up and now is about three years out of date!

http://wx4tv.co.uk/

Some of my highlights were the Richard and Judy show (Twice!) centre page spread in the Sun and also This morning – however it is the more serious documentaries that I enjoy more as they go into thing in a little bit more detail.

The fees certainly do mount up over time
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

More than interesting for once.

Ive always thought it would be cool to go storm chasing for a while. I love lightening for example it's incredible to be in the middle of it, a little scary when your in a glass cable car in Singapore and the lightening actually hits the carriage though!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well done wxman. Knew you were into this stuff in your spare time but didn't know how far it had got.

Comment

how come everyone else knew this and I didn't ?

do you all know each other outside cuk or am I slow on the uptake

anyway, hat off, that is amazing ! well done vxman

very impressive

Milan.

Comment

Superb attempt at a double bluff there milan, but it won't carry.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X