• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daughter's kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter's kids

My daughter's kids playing on the neighbour's fence and cut themselves. The kids now have minor medical problems. Can anyone give advice etc.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

best take them to the doctor then

Milan.

Comment

award them ASBOS for doing such a great job
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I would suggest you get in touch with Threaded who will accomodate all your social interaction requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          My daughter's kids playing on the neighbour's fence and cut themselves. The kids now have minor medical problems. Can anyone give advice etc.
          Tell them to leave other people's property alone!

Comment

I'd beat them to within an inch of the lives for playing on other peoples property then I go'd and slap your mother for giving birth to such a person who asks stupid questions.

hth
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Your daughters kids. They would be you grandchildren then.

grandad

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I guess if the fence is in some way illegal - eg. it is too tall, has razor wire or glass embedded in it, then I guess it would be possible to go to court with an ambulance-chaser in tow and claim some compensation. It might be difficult to get anywhere with a defective fence unless you had evidence it was poorly maintained or defective before they played on it. And even then it would be obvious they shouldn't have played on it.

In any case, I doubt they were supervised and unless the fence was an underlying cause of the accident (eg. it fell on them while playing football), the fact they seemed to be playing 'on it' would definitely count against them. Fences aren't fit for purpose for play. Eg. A perfectly functional fence can be as crude as a run of stakes with a bit of wire between, so the danger is obvious and avoidable.

...in my humble opinion.

What are the minor medical problems - other than the obvious cut hands, legs etc ?
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

How old are you??
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
                    How old are you??
                    Actually how old is your daughter?

Comment

Working...
                    X