• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New bank account opening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bank account opening

Dear members
    How long does it take generally to open a business bank account? I opened my new company at the beginning of this year, so I tried to open a business account with Cater Allen through my Accountant's reserved account numbers, and its been about 5 weeks since my application was filed.

Till now, the account has not been opened and therefore I've not been paid for nearly 2 months now

I am not sure if its Cater Allen or my accountant's fault but to begin with how are Cater Allen and how long do they take to open an account?

Cheers
    Kunal.

I opened my account with Cater Allen earlier this year through CUK. It took just over a week.

Comment

The applications we send for our clients to Cater Allen are usually opened within a week, with cheque books and paying in books taking another week or so after that, so I would definitely suggest something is wrong here - either the accountants havn't sent the paperwork on or Cater Allen are having problems with your credit history, ID proof etc. Don't delay, get onto them and find out what the problem is.

Comment

Yep I can also vouch for Cater Allen, top quality service!

Comment

With the closure of MSC's Cater Allen have been very busy, but it shouldn't take more than 10 days or so.

Alan

Comment

Abbey took a month to open my Ltd Co account recently. It was a painful process and their customer service was terrible. Already thinking of changing. Do Cater Allen have a facility to make online transactions?

Comment

HSBC 4 days
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG
                Abbey took a month to open my Ltd Co account recently. It was a painful process and their customer service was terrible. Already thinking of changing. Do Cater Allen have a facility to make online transactions?
                Not yet, they are hoping to launch the web service very soon.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KennyG
                  I believe that Cater Allen and Abbey are one and the same company.

I've been very happy with Abbey. Set up was painless and I've had no hassles since then. But then I opened up my account a few years ago now (before the Spanish buyout possibly even) so times may have changed.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                    I believe that Cater Allen and Abbey are one and the same company.

I've been very happy with Abbey. Set up was painless and I've had no hassles since then. But then I opened up my account a few years ago now (before the Spanish buyout possibly even) so times may have changed.
                    Cater Allen are "owned" by Abbey Group, but the operation and running of Cater Allen is completely separate - different staff, offices, buildings and systems.

Comment

Working...
                    X