• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Testing Terminology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing Terminology

What the hell does 'inject' mean in testing? I keep seeing it in documents such as 'Error inject and detailed recovery scenarios are typically part of SVT' and have searched but can't find the exact meaning.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Are you playing with z/OS?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

AFAIK:
      Using a (usually) automated process for breaking the application/system by giving it bad input data at some point to see if it handles it in an expected manner.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Are you playing with z/OS?
        Kind of, I'm testing some software to work with zSeries systems so I'm using zOS as my test system.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
          AFAIK:
          Using a (usually) automated process for breaking the application/system by giving it bad input data at some point to see if it handles it in an expected manner.
          Thanks for that. I thought it was something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
            Kind of, I'm testing some software to work with zSeries systems so I'm using zOS as my test system.
            Thought so, maybe they mean the actual tool: more info
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Thought so, maybe they mean the actual tool: more info
              Thanks for that, I actually have it as a PDF (actually met one of the blokes when I was over in PoK last year.) You can find quite a lot at this site here. The software that I'm testing/developing actually runs on MS servers but controls zSeries boxes.

Comment

Working...
              X