• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

copper punches bird

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copper punches bird

From the beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/6429569.stm

Copper punches bird, said copper gets taken off frontline duties and when asked has he been suspended, the CC says:

The officer draws a salary from the public purse and we will make use of his expertise and talent. But I don't want him put in a position where his welfare will be put at risk because he'll be dealing with the public.
    Seems to me it's the public welfare the CC should be concerned with, not the coppers. Perhaps it's the John Reid way?

And yes, I'm aware the bird is probably a pikey anyway...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Seems strange to me that 3 or 4 burly coppers cannot subdue one small woman without having to punch her to that extent.
    Boom boom boom boom
    A-haw haw haw haw
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
      And yes, I'm aware the bird is probably a pikey anyway...
      Probably a pikey? did you not see the photo of her on that link?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
        Probably a pikey? did you not see the photo of her on that link?
        I was being polite...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The poor defenceless little flower was thrown out of a nightclub for threatening behaviour, then she started trashing someone's car and then she resisted arrest. The copper punched her arm because she wouldn't submit to the handcuffs - a medical examination at the police station confirmed no injury at all. She was convicted of criminal damage in court yesterday. The copper was doing his job, which he may now lose, yet the media has escalated the event out of all proportion (as usual). There is already too much political correctness in the police force - do we want to ensure that the force recruits more of the same or would we rather have people who are more interested in catching criminals than checking their human rights manual first.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            The poor defenceless little flower was thrown out of a nightclub for threatening behaviour, then she started trashing someone's car and then she resisted arrest. The copper punched her arm because she wouldn't submit to the handcuffs - a medical examination at the police station confirmed no injury at all. She was convicted of criminal damage in court yesterday. The copper was doing his job, which he may now lose, yet the media has escalated the event out of all proportion (as usual). There is already too much political correctness in the police force - do we want to ensure that the force recruits more of the same or would we rather have people who are more interested in catching criminals than checking their human rights manual first.
            She was part non-white, so she is a victim and this was a racist attack. Only fair, etc etc
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

copper punches bird

Should be "Pig Punches Bird"
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                copper punches bird

Should be "Pig Punches Bird"
                "copper punches pig"
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X