• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE online

Last year done PAYE with the help of an accountant - he didn't bother to tell me of some incentives from HMRC. But this year - doing this on my own using this online thing. On the process side - the first thing I noticed is that it prompts me to create employees for my company. I have none.. really me and partner as a director.

And not sure here.. I am not really paying myself a salary, rather small directors' fee. Would have an impact (min wage.. etc..) if I declare myself an employee on the do it online HMRC site? Maybe better stay with the paper work and just send P60 and P14 forms once a year not to bother about this online stuff.

Currently I am on an annual scheme with them and so quite happy about..

I am not sure why you are not declaring yourself min salary.

It would be more tax efficient to at least pay yourself min salary. Also as a director you don't have to worry about NMW. If you spoke to your accountant I am sure he will highlight the benefites.

Comment

It's more on defining myself an employee on my own company that I am worried about. Would it have NMW consequences? Would it be a clash of any sort being a director and not employee.

I don’t have any work contract as such. If I withdrew regularly salary - surely employee, but I as I am paid myself yearly.. Not sure.. Besides, that seems to be the only way to submit PAYE online forms.. so probably if like to go online have no options but to declare myself this way. Or, to send them these forms by the post ..

Thanks,
      lolo

Comment

Director's salary is not subject to NMW.

Comment

Working...
        X