• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountants Terms and Conditions

I have just got my 1st accountant and he has sent me his terms and conditions. I noticed this section:

14.2 You agree to hold harmless and indemnify us against any misrepresentation, whether intentional or unintentional, supplied to us orally or in writing in connection with this agreement. You have agreed that you will not bring any claim in connection with services provided to you by the firm against any of our employees on a personal basis.

From my understanding it’s basically stating that I can't sue him even if he deliberately misleads me. Is this normal? Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by newbie123456789
    I have just got my 1st accountant and he has sent me his terms and conditions. I noticed this section:

14.2 You agree to hold harmless and indemnify us against any misrepresentation, whether intentional or unintentional, supplied to us orally or in writing in connection with this agreement. You have agreed that you will not bring any claim in connection with services provided to you by the firm against any of our employees on a personal basis.

From my understanding it’s basically stating that I can't sue him even if he deliberately misleads me. Is this normal? Any help appreciated.
    This is basic Tort Law - the idea that ou cannot sue individual empoyees of a company only the company itself. Basically, it looks like the firm is saying, if you supply dodgey or inaccurate information, you will indemnify them against any action that might come that way.

E.g. you happen to spirit away £10k for 'business' purposes' when in fact you've trousered it yourself. The accountants may accept your explantion in good faith. If HMRC twig what's going on, they may investigate the accountants to see if they are in collusion with you. So you agree to indemnify them.

My accountants have the same clause, as porbably do most. It's because they are accountants and not auditors.

Comment

Great Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X