• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where should be my Registered office !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should be my Registered office !

I wonder if I should use the accountancy’s registered office for my Ltd address or the place where I live. The thing is that I don’t live anywhere for an extended period of time , but will relocate ( renting) close to the contracts.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by 2uk; 2 April 2007, 13:46.

Originally posted by 2uk
    I wonder if I should use the accountancy’s registered office for my Ltd address or the place where I live. The thing is that that I don’t live anywhere for an extended period of time , but will relocate ( renting) close to the contracts.
    Thanks.
    Your accountant's office is exactly the right choice. Shows legitimacy and your accountant can deal with any letters that you don't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
      I wonder if I should use the accountancy’s registered office for my Ltd address or the place where I live. The thing is that that I don’t live anywhere for an extended period of time , but will relocate ( renting) close to the contracts.
      Thanks.
      I rent too and my lease specifically prohibits me from registering a company at the address.

Personally I would rather use the Accountant's address anyway. Saves me having to forward any official documents to them to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
        I rent too and my lease specifically prohibits me from registering a company at the address.

Personally I would rather use the Accountant's address anyway. Saves me having to forward any official documents to them to deal with.
        Best way around that is too set up a PO Box number and have it as your business address. Costs about £50 a year from the Royal Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          Best way around that is too set up a PO Box number and have it as your business address. Costs about £50 a year from the Royal Mail.
          I do that too but you can't have a PO Box number as the Registered Address with Companies House.

Comment

Working...
          X