• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In general, What time of year do the most contracts arise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general, What time of year do the most contracts arise?

Hi,
    I've been out of work since december after a good stretch of 3 years contracting without a break..Ive had the odd consultancy role since then but its on a one/two day basis..
    I can't remeber the market for Application Packagers being this bad and with the new tax year just arriving i would expect things to pick up?
    - Would this be a fair comment?
    Last edited by HotSpotter; 4 April 2007, 19:43. Reason: !

if your a civil/highways engineers then Jan - Oct seem to be hot times (as most local authorities needs help to spend the budget).
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Comment

Jan -> Oct seems to be a good time for logistics to. Oct -> Jan is the best time for driving. So a year round plan for me.

Comment

I'm an application packager and consider myself to be quite lucky to have landed a role in February. It's true theres nothing out there, unless you're prepared to work in London, and even then it's slim pickings. I think a couple of reasons for this is due to market saturation and the fact that most 2k->XP projects are finished and running a BAU scenario. Most companies have already converted to MSI and are now looking at newer emerging technologies and seeing which is best to adopt for subsequent migrations.

Mate of mine is out of work since November. Try the continent or Australia as alternatives. If I can help you out, shout me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ledge
            I'm an application packager and consider myself to be quite lucky to have landed a role in February. It's true theres nothing out there, unless you're prepared to work in London, and even then it's slim pickings. I think a couple of reasons for this is due to market saturation and the fact that most 2k->XP projects are finished and running a BAU scenario. Most companies have already converted to MSI and are now looking at newer emerging technologies and seeing which is best to adopt for subsequent migrations.

Mate of mine is out of work since November. Try the continent or Australia as alternatives. If I can help you out, shout me.
            I am an "Application packager" ?!?! . . Is that the only thing you want/can do ? . I have freakin included every possible MS buzz word in my resume..

Comment

I imagine you're interviewed for a lot of jobs you can't do then.

Comment

I mean , job postings tend to have unimaginably long list of requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                  I am an "Application packager" ?!?! . . Is that the only thing you want/can do ? . I have freakin included every possible MS buzz word in my resume..
                  Application Packaging is like a fillet steak once you've eaten one (worked as one) you never want rump again (work as a desktop bod)

hmmm steak...

Comment

Working...
                  X