• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caunce ohara

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caunce ohara

could they (you) not have something slightly more professional sounding other than 'Computer Contractor' in the business field on their (your) online app form? ...please?
    better still, free text entry. most of us are aware of what we do

Hi Scotspine.

The field has to be specific, since the policy can only apply to IT contractors (not engineers for example) - it makes things much simpler for the underwriters I'd imagine, even though many of us would rather have something more professional sounding!

James

Comment

....The field has to be specific, since the policy can only apply to IT contractors (not engineers for example)

So how does putting Computer Contractor help then? I write low level software for embedded products. I consider myself an engineer and I am most certainly not an IT contractor.

Computer Contractor as a name is fine by me, but it doesn't equate to IT consultant IMO.

Tim

Comment

thanks j,

although i have to agree with tim123. i'd rather have something which more accurately reflected my business mo. i would have thought to be honest that computer contractor would be too loose a phrase for the insurance people to use. there are lots of contractors around, with varying degrees of opportunity for creating disaster, depending on whether they're sitting at an ms office helpdesk or creating mission-crit 'enterprise' software...the risk varies accordingly.

Comment

Working...
        X