• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Business Mentor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Business Mentor?

Thinking of my Plan B. I have, what I consider, a very good idea (natch). But it will involve a lot of different technologies and the cooperation of at least 1 or 2 established businesses. Being just a lowly IT contractor I'm not really up on the legal stuff behinf disclosing ideas (NDAs, etc) or how the hell to start the ball rolling - approaching companies, etc. A friend of a friend mentioned business mentors, those kind of services. Anyone here used one or know of anything like it?

Ta

The PCG will help you with all this good stuff. Also try your localBusiness Link office.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
      Thinking of my Plan B. I have, what I consider, a very good idea (natch). But it will involve a lot of different technologies and the cooperation of at least 1 or 2 established businesses. Being just a lowly IT contractor I'm not really up on the legal stuff behinf disclosing ideas (NDAs, etc) or how the hell to start the ball rolling - approaching companies, etc. A friend of a friend mentioned business mentors, those kind of services. Anyone here used one or know of anything like it?

Ta
      A proper business plan is all you need. If it stacks up then investors will be allover you.

DA in "Dodgy's Den" mode
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Thanks. I'm already with PCG so will have a goosey there. Never had to write a business plan before but it seems straight forward.....

....avenge my death!

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
          Thanks. I'm already with PCG so will have a goosey there. Never had to write a business plan before but it seems straight forward.....

....avenge my death!

It is straightforward but it is astonishing how so few get it right.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I came across this whilst doing research for my Plan B this morning.

The forum looks quite good too.

http://www.teneric.co.uk/

Comment

Someone cold-called me from Jobserve or similar the other day asking if I'd like to do business mentoring as a franchise. I listened politely and asked the price. They wanted something like £30k to buy into ......what exactly? Some training ? A bit of advertising ?

I told them to get lost. Politely of course.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
              X