• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is PCG membership tax deductable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is PCG membership tax deductable?

I'm going to join PCG - mainly for the legal cover in the event of an HMRC inspection ('IR35 insurance')- is this a legit company expense or is that taking it a bit far?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On
    I'm going to join PCG - mainly for the legal cover in the event of an HMRC inspection ('IR35 insurance')- is this a legit company expense or is that taking it a bit far?
    Perfectly proper expense - enter under professional subscriptions

Comment

Except it's not on the IR approved list

PCG suggest you claim it I believe. When I was a member I always claimed it, but I think it does have scope to be disallowed.

Comment

It passses on the basis that is a personal expense that you would not have to pay if you were not in business and needed it to operate that business, just like any other business membership or professional registration costs. Hence it is not a BIK if the company pays it.

But it's the same cost as 2 pints a week if you really want to pay it yourself.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X