• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sack the agency and invoice directly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sack the agency and invoice directly?

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of the following;

I am contracting for a large financial institution through an agency. The company recently awarded one agency the national recruitment contract and as such I was forced to move from the books of an agency that was providing good service onto a hopeless bunch that are causing me no end of hassles. I am involved in a dispute with the new agency over thier treatment of monies due to me and am increasingly pissed at them.

In an ideal world I would simply sack the nuggets at the new agency and invoice the company directly from my Ltd.

However, I'm not sure the company's HR dept will go for it because of beaurocracy, contract with agency, and god knows what else.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone offer any good advice on how to go about negotiating this?

Many Thanks,
    Alan

Originally posted by Langkawi
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience of the following;

I am contracting for a large financial institution through an agency. The company recently awarded one agency the national recruitment contract and as such I was forced to move from the books of an agency that was providing good service onto a hopeless bunch that are causing me no end of hassles. I am involved in a dispute with the new agency over thier treatment of monies due to me and am increasingly pissed at them.

In an ideal world I would simply sack the nuggets at the new agency and invoice the company directly from my Ltd.

However, I'm not sure the company's HR dept will go for it because of beaurocracy, contract with agency, and god knows what else.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone offer any good advice on how to go about negotiating this?

Many Thanks,
    Alan
    Many many previous posts on this subject. I would just grin and bear it.

Comment

If they owe you money, there is simple redress through the late payments legislation. If they (or you!) are not meeting the contracted terms, that's where you start.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So I guess you are trying to tell me that my "They're my toys and this pram is mine" approach isn't likely to come to much?

Comment

Basically. The first problem is that it's the agency's pram...

That's why we have contracts
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Looking at previous posts on the subject a few correspondants mention 'direct contracts'.

Given that this crappy agency didnt get me the gig in the first place does that not indicate that I'm in a better position to negotiate my own direct contract?

Is it such a bad idea to ask my client if he minds me speaking to HR about it?

Cheers,
            Alan

Comment

You can try, but the reason (probably) the company went for a sole supplier was to cut admin costs etc, so it is unlikely they will be willing to deal direct with you.

I was in a similar situation, but my agency was chosen as the preferred supplier so I was ok.

Comment

Working...
              X