• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not that I want to bang any drums or anything...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I want to bang any drums or anything...

But some of you who think PCG is an insurance broker might like to read this...

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...445&Itemid=291

First paragraph:
    MPs repeatedly cited the Professional Contractors Group’s (PCG) analysis as they criticised the new tax rules for Managed Service Companies(MSCs) during the debate on the Finance Bill yesterday.
    Blog? What blog...?

Not really, what's to criticise? I'm sure most seasoned contractors on here think that the new legislation getting rid of MSCs is a good thing...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Admiral HMRC: Lord Brown, our ships have completed their scan of the area and found nothing. If the Millennium Falcon went into light-speed, it'll be on the other side of the galaxy by now.

Darth Brown: Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last known trajectory.

Admiral HMRC: Yes, my Lord. We'll find them.

Darth Brown: Don't fail me again, Admiral.

To be continued...
      Last edited by gingerjedi; 1 May 2007, 12:06.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
        The following quote shows how little Therea Villiers MP knows...

“The Government said at the time that that would raise £300 million for the Exchequer, and cost it just £55,000 a year ongoing to implement. However, of the IR35 investigations known to the Professional Contractors Group, 1,405 concluded that the taxpayer in question was outside IR35, and only three concluded that the taxpayer was within its provisions. The Government have repeatedly refused to publish any figures on the amount of revenue collected under IR35 or on its ongoing cost impact for contracts. The truth is that IR35 has been a hugely expensive failure.”

IR35 has been a HUGE success for Gordo! I'm no expert on finance but I am pretty sure that for our economy to be booming (Gordo's baby) then the FTSE needs to be looking good to ensure that the value of the pound is strong...for the FTSE to be looking good, we need people to be investing in stocks and shares...and hey...what do Insurance Companies do with all their cash...yup...stick it in stocks and shares!

Gordo has made IR35 so woolly that none of us can be totally certain of being 'friendly' which means that we all take insurance against an investigation, with some going the extra mile and insuring against a payout as well.

The fact that Gordo hasn't staffed up to actually get much money back through IR35 says it all...

Lets do the maths...

1,450 investigations so far...lets say that every one had been a success and they'd got back an average of £25k on each...that makes a total of £36m in Gordo's back pocket...

On the other hand...lets say there are £500k small businesses potentially affected by IR35 and scared enough to go for IR35 Insurance at an average price of £200...thats an extra £100m invested in stocks and shares per year and thus a booming economy...and you can add to that the £30million extra in taxes from the Insurance companies that is going into Gordo's back pocket...

So...IR35...success or failure...Gordo must be laughing all the way to the bank!

Note: Of course all the figures are totally made up and ill-informed...but I reckon with the right ones it could make for a great conspiracy story...where failure equals success!
        Property advisor for the people

Comment

PCG urges freelancers and contractors in Mr Hesford’s constituency, Wirral West, to write to him outlining the difficulties IR35 has caused....

Get to it then!!!!
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
          X