• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences of a first timer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences of a first timer.

Got my first contract recently as a previous career long permie. This is in brussels and although my linguistic skills were brushed over .... it was explained that this wasnt an issue.

First day on the job and ive been asked within 2 hours of getting here, to provide an overview of my understanding and a full review of a project scope explained in broken english and with documentation in french and dutch and with workstations using european keyboards.

I think i can just about handle this but what a baptism of fire! .... wonder how long i'll last

Expect to be shown the door before 5pm....if you can understand what they are saying...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

haha - fill me with confidence why dont you

Comment

you'll be fine

Milan.

Comment

Just explain that if it wasn't for our great nation, they would be wearing jack boots...

Comment

The experience of my first time was that it was all over with very quickly and she wasn't that impressed.

I thank you...
            Last edited by Xenophon; 2 May 2007, 10:20. Reason: typo
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
              The experience of my first time was that it was all over with very quickly and she wasn't that impressed.

I thank you...
              Sheep aren't usually all that fussy. Have you tried for a second opinion yet?
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                Sheep aren't usually all that fussy. Have you tried for a second opinion yet?
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

hang in there.... by the time they find you out it will be too late...

you know i know that!!!!
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Well ive made it till lunch time at least

Im hoping that saying 'yes' 'yes' and 'yes' over and over with the odd bit of cheesy business rhetoric will get me to friday.

Comment

Working...
                    X