• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

free banking with interest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free banking with interest?

Hiya, I'm looking for a bank account with free banking with interest. HSBC offer an account with free banking, but I don't think that has any interest with it because they fail to mention it.

Anything around the base-rate.. or slightly above would be great.

Does the Cater Allen account come with interest around the base rate? if it is their Corporate Account, then that is 0.85% for under 10K.

Perhaps I'm asking for too much with wanting interest and free banking.. but any tips appreciated! thx, richy

Alliance and Leicester, Abbey National...Just google and you'll find the answers....Quite easy actually...

Comment

Try the Cater Allen Reserve account. You need to keep 5k in it but your VAT and Corporation Tax liabilities should mean you have at least that much swilling around. If you don't, you may want to re-examine your business.

Comment

Just got my end of tax year statement thru and I got 1K+ in interest via Cater Allen, used to get sod all with RBS.

Comment

Based around that minimum of £5k to include Cater Allen and based upon instant access...Cater Allen is of-course free with a limit and a minimum amount in the account....A&L Free and Unlimited for 2 years, then free and unlimited with a minimum of £1k....

Cater Allen 2.68% (Reserve) 0.68% (Current)
          A&L 4.64% (Reserve) 0.25% (Current)

Or if more than 10k....
          Cater Allen 4.02% (Reserve)
          A&L 4.64% (Reserve)
          Northern Rock 5.32% (Reserve)

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
            Just got my end of tax year statement thru and I got 1K+ in interest via Cater Allen, used to get sod all with RBS.
            Seconded. I was with GnatWest - they used to pay me a crap rate and charge me £10 per month per account (I've got 3) for the privilege!
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by dejongj
              Based around that minimum of £5k to include Cater Allen and based upon instant access...Cater Allen is of-course free with a limit and a minimum amount in the account....A&L Free and Unlimited for 2 years, then free and unlimited with a minimum of £1k....

Cater Allen 2.68% (Reserve) 0.68% (Current)
              A&L 4.64% (Reserve) 0.25% (Current)

Or if more than 10k....
              Cater Allen 4.02% (Reserve)
              A&L 4.64% (Reserve)
              Northern Rock 5.32% (Reserve)
              Ace, thanks, I've ordered my A&L account. its taking a bit of time, so I've also opened an HSBC account which pays 2.5% below the base rate (as I recall), so i've got some way to accept money in the mean time..!

Comment

Working...
              X