• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cv lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cv lies

How much do you lie in your CV ?
    10 percent lies.
    23.40%
    30 percent lies.
    8.51%
    50 percent lies.
    0.00%
    70 percent lies.
    0.00%
    90 percent lies.
    0.00%
    100 percent lies.
    6.38%
    I Don't lie.
    61.70%

Don't need to.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I just came out of an interview for a job I really want. I lay about 30 percent on her questions about pass project experiences. Man I was good lying to her face without my eyes blinking. On a occasion i touched my nose though.
      I hope they don't get to the references.

Comment

I lead in the pole.

Comment

OmegaMan , you are my Idol.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
            OmegaMan , you are my Idol.
            Is that one of the 30%?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Is that one of the 30%?
              Laying is an important quality and it is hard to deny it. You will be laying if you deny. Being lain by agents and employers and bosses and sales people and girls has finally made me wise now. You need to do it to break in. Politicians do it , agents do it , everyone does it.

Wen , Is this your real picture ?
              Last edited by 2uk; 3 May 2007, 23:19.

Comment

Only lie about stuff I know I can pick up fairly quickly. For example I have Java core language and experience with ASP and CGI - so I say I have JSP.

Comment

No need to lie on the CV.

However, having faced a 3-person panel interview that drills down to a VERY technical level, if I had lied, it would have been picked up.

Saying that, i have also been interviewed by "CoCo" the clown...

Comment

I'd say about 10 percent.

More on stuff such as "trained in stuff such as Package XYZ for warehouse modelling". Never been trained in it but as I learnt AutoCAD in two very heavy days of learning I think I can master it quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X