• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GCS recruitment services - Non IR35 compliant terms of business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GCS recruitment services - Non IR35 compliant terms of business

I've attached a copy of the GCS (recruitment consultancy) terms of business on my ntl webspace
    (save the TsCs Contractor (Project).pdf locally)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.rai1/

Basically, there's something dodgy in the terms of business which makes it non IR35 complaint

Brookson (the chaps who are looking after my ltd company) are currently reviewing the GCS terms of business, but are taking ages (due to the legislation changes etc)

Back in 2003, brookson looked at the same GCS T&C's for another contractor and recommended a few amendmendts which GCS didn't accept.

One of the contractor chaps i'm working alongside was also placed on our current assignment via GCS and his ltd company also reccommended alterations to the GCS T&C's (which GCS accepted)

Have any of you guys has problems with GCS in the past? And can anyone offer any opinion on whereabouts within the T&C's there may be IR35/general issues which make it dodgy?

Any opinion/guidance would be much appreciated

GCS are incompetent and unprofessional. They can't even deal with their clients and send forward contractors for jobs that don't even exist! Really, I was only told once the client told me that there was no such job! ... after which the agents ducked for cover and were never heard from again.

Avoid.

Comment

GCS are a complete an utter waste of time, the agent I dealt with was a class A knob and Ill never deal with them again.

Now I worrying about the contract I had with them for a previous contract

Comment

Working...
      X