• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance Again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Again?

Was going to use 360 for PI, EL, PL for £317 then qdos £99 for IR35 representation anyone find all this cheaper.

Not a member of PCG so dont know if I join for £120 whether the insurance benefits offered will work out cheaper then the above

Is anyone risking paying themself the minimum wage salary and taking the rest in dividends or are you all sticking to the 10-15k salary and dividends? Is this really likely to invoke an investigation?

cheers

Originally posted by cartlidgea
    Was going to use 360 for PI, EL, PL for £317 then qdos £99 for IR35 representation anyone find all this cheaper.

Not a member of PCG so dont know if I join for £120 whether the insurance benefits offered will work out cheaper then the above

Is anyone risking paying themself the minimum wage salary and taking the rest in dividends or are you all sticking to the 10-15k salary and dividends? Is this really likely to invoke an investigation?

cheers
    PI/PLI/ELI for £210 + membership for £120 + PEI for £0 = £330

PI/PLI/ELI for £317 + £99 for PEI = £407

Which is cheaper. do you think?

As for the other question, it's been answered a hundred times. Go look it up.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
      PI/PLI/ELI for £210 + membership for £120 + PEI for £0 = £330

PI/PLI/ELI for £317 + £99 for PEI = £407

Which is cheaper. do you think?

As for the other question, it's been answered a hundred times. Go look it up.
      Which insurance company are these insurances through I presume pcg give you a hefty discount then

Malvolio thanks that was actually helpful and only 40% insulting even though it was posted in the early hours are you running a fever?????

Comment

PCG's PEI insurance is bundled with the membership, and naturally is heavily discounted but you don't see it of course. The PI/PLI/ELI I have is though Randall Dorling but there are others; again big discounts for members.

Someone recently added up the effective value of the PCG membership against all the freebies and discounts we get: the PCGPlus membership would cost around £1200 for equivalent cover sourced from the market. You don't necessarily need all of it, of course, but it still saves real money.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Malvolio - do you know if Randell Dorling are smart enough to not quote for PEI if you get it for free with PCG membership? Their online form asks whether you are a member already, but then offers PEI. It would be a shame if there are people (even PCG members) out there paying for it twice.

Also of note is the shared £1M limit for the £100K equivalent premium - how does that work?

Comment

I doubt it. I suggest they are asking exactly the right question - if you are a PCG member, you don't need our PEI insurance.

Incidentally, I take it everyone is aware that the PCG PEI coverage is not just for IR35 but any aspect inquiry? Does QDOS's IR35 cover an S660a investigation for example?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Incidentally, I take it everyone is aware that the PCG PEI coverage is not just for IR35 but any aspect inquiry? Does QDOS's IR35 cover an S660a investigation for example?
              Yes it does. You can go further and take out their TLC660A policy which in addition covers for all S660 tax loss, penalties and interest as well. I should ask QDOS for commission I think

Comment

And how much more than £0 does that cost?

Face it, the financial argument doesn't hold up. There must be another reason you are rejecting the PCG option.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And how much more than £0 does that cost?

Face it, the financial argument doesn't hold up. There must be another reason you are rejecting the PCG option.
                  Here we go again ...

QDOS offer insurance, that to the best of my knowledge, covers the same as the insurance offered by PCG. It costs £99. [Edit - I am comparing just the IR35/S660/Investogations stuff, you get more with PCG e.g. jury duty insurance - the problem is that QDOS and PCG offerings are not directly comparable]

QDOS also offer extra (tax loss) insurances that PCG does not offer and they cost more than £99. Look on their website if you want to see the prices.

I chose QDOS because I wanted tax loss insurance which is not offered by PCG. Your think it is worthless whereas I like the peace of mind so we will have to agree to disagree. We are free to make our own choices.
                  Last edited by Lewis; 23 May 2007, 13:27.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X