• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips & Advice for Company Director Newsletter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips & Advice for Company Director Newsletter

Anybody else had a "mailshot" or subscribed to a company called Indicator ?

For £77 PA you get a fortnightly newsletter with loads of hints and tips on how to save money - in the free one they sent me there was info on Working from Home, Teenage Helper & Directors Loan Accounts.

Also you get 2 free books with templates of letters, contracts & expense guidelines.

Normally this is the type of thing I'd subscribe to, but as it came unsolicited I/m a bit wary - anybody else heard or use them ? The sample newsletter says Issue 16 of the 8th year.

Cheers
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

I got the same mailshot... I was shocked that it actually contained some reasonable information.

turbo

Comment

yes it was quite surprising, I was about to chuck it in the recycle with the other junk mail then started reading.

You thinking of signing up ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
        You thinking of signing up ?
        Nah... between contractoruk and the pcg, I think I've got a steady stream of decent information.

turbo

Comment

Had another one today, info included:

Why you can claim a iPOD
          Website Costs
          Paying a non-exec director
          Loans to clear bills
          and Pre-registration VAT claims

3 of these things seem to get asked on a frequent basis on these forums...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post

Why you can claim a iPOD
            Website Costs
            Loans to clear bills

and how did they justify the ipod ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post

Why you can claim a iPOD
              Website Costs
              Loans to clear bills

I got that one as well. It's almost as if they have been reading the forum, or posting questions they know their mailshot will answer.

That's clever marketing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                and how did they justify the ipod ??
                Have the company name engraved on it to prove ownership and use it to listen to Mr Brown's Podcasts.

Comment

They have it down as being "wholly and exclusively for the purposes of your business"

If taxman asks you point out that there's a growing number of lectures and seminars available as podcasts - you need to keep a record of said podcasts and also have a company policy in place to govern the use of these devices, and yes get the Co Name engravedon them - might make it harder to sell on ebay when you want to upgrade...

Comment

[QUOTE=Bluebird;310709]They have it down as being "wholly and exclusively for the purposes of your business"
                    [QUOTE]

So that would mean you can't put your personal music collection on it then......

Comment

Working...
                    X