• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 Month's at Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Month's at Clients

Anyone help me with a question on the 24 month ruling. Done some searching but to no avail. I am on a rolling 3 month rolling contract which I could stay at for potentially an 18-24 month period. After this if I work at another client for a 3 month contract and then come back to my original gig (where I am now) how would this affect my status in regards to the 24 month ruling. Is it 24 month continuous employment?

No simple answers, it depends on distance. Hector seems to have decided that, for example, the Square Mile counts as one location even if you are working for different people. If however you are taking a substantially different journey, then that can stop the 24 month clock. As always with NL, there are no celarly defined hard-and-fast rules.

Also be aware that the rule applies as soon as you know you are going to go over the 24 months, not on the first day of the 24th.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks for that Malvolio. My main locations will be the square mile or the Docklands so its definately soemthing to bear in mind.

Comment

Working...
      X