• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emails!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emails!

Hi,

hope you can help.

Im currently fed up of being away for a computer for a couple of days and getting 500 emails. I mean, i can access them from my PDA, come in and they are all on my laptop still...

I know you can use MO Exchange to log on so when working from my office PC. All is synchronised instantly. but i have been qouted over 6k to set up a server and have this

Is there another way or downloading emails to my PDA and it NOT putting them on to my laptop too??

thanks!

Use an IMAP server. That way the e-mails are never on either your PDA or Laptop, but are on your server and you just read them remotely.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Isn't this what IMAP was invented for?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieContractor
        Hi,

I know you can use MO Exchange to log on so when working from my office PC. All is synchronised instantly. but i have been qouted over 6k to set up a server and have this

thanks!
        PDAs are pretty old rope now.

Most modern mobiles like the O2 Exec XDA or the Nokia 9300i can send/receive emails via a mobile provider's Wirelss Access Point allowing you to access your Exchange server.

Comment

IMAP !!

Just to join in with the general consensus

Comment

Defintely IMAP.
            Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
              Defintely IMAP.
              IMAP. So simple even I can do it, and I'm "not a real IT person" (AtW). If you're always connected, why store your mails anywhere but on the mail server?
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Did anyone mention IMAP??

Comment

If you are just getting crud on certain addresses that you have been a bit free with, I find the freeware Popcorn mail is good. Set it up on the laptop up to get mails on the most spammed addresses. You can download just the headers, have a quick check, unmark anything that might be genuine and delete the rest from host.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                    If you are just getting crud on certain addresses that you have been a bit free with, I find the freeware Popcorn mail is good. Set it up on the laptop up to get mails on the most spammed addresses. You can download just the headers, have a quick check, unmark anything that might be genuine and delete the rest from host.
                    Cheers Xog, this looks quite good. Linky

Comment

Working...
                    X