• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pinnacle M1000 music bridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinnacle M1000 music bridge

Thinking of getting one of these wireless beauties to hook up the mp3 files on my laptop to my hi-fi downstairs. Anyone used this model (or any similar music bridge)? Any views?
    "My God, it's huge!!"

I've got a Sonos wireless music system which I use with a Buffalo Terstation NAS drive. Some bloke was asking about it a while back.

Link-a-roony

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
      I've got a Sonos wireless music system which I use with a Buffalo Terstation NAS drive. Some bloke was asking about it a while back.

Link-a-roony
      Is it good? Any drop-outs/stutters? Does it sound like hi fidelity through the speakers?
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
        Is it good? Any drop-outs/stutters? Does it sound like hi fidelity through the speakers?
        I'm dead chuffed with it. I've read plenty of reviews and not one of them has been bad.

No stutters or anything like that. I've got 4 of the zone players and a couple of controllers. You can link all the zones so they are all playing the same thing, or each one can do it's own thing.

It works with all sorts of formats, and now integrates with Pandora and Rhapsody (which I haven't played with yet but looks good). It's a polished product and very easy to use - has a clickwheel like an iPod. My wife uses it all the time so it's not just one for the nerds.

I rip everything in Apple Lossless format and it sounds fine to me. Find a reseller - simplysonos.co.uk are good apparently - and go and have a listen for yourself.

It's a quality system but that is reflected in the price.

Comment

On the other end of the scale, I have a Terratec Noxon. Avoid them like the plague. Sound quality is not great, interface is bad and they only have wifi which supports WEP (i.e no ethernet, no WPA). Unfortunately it's not broken so I can't justify a replacement.

I'd go for a squeezebox myself if I was getting one now.

Comment

Working...
          X