• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Symantec pcAnywhere v11

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symantec pcAnywhere v11

I'l fess up here and now. If I had the choice between deploying/using Symantec products and knawing on my own liver, I'd go for the former!

Ok, Scenario:
    Outside company provides camera security software to this gig. They also provide the PC that runs the software and it sits on the gig's domain. To provide immediate support / software upgrades they deploy Symantec pcAnywhere v11 for remore support / file transfer. I've configured a NAT plug on the firewall so the provider can remote only onto the PC in question as and when needed.

I've set up an account in pcAnywhere so the security guys can launch it when needed and allow the provider to remote in. However, the domain login account for the security guys cannot have any domain or local admin privaleges for obvious reasons.

When the security guys try to lauch the pcAnywhere host they get the message:-

"you do nott have the necessary rights to run a pcanywhere host as a service"

I've googled this error message and searched it on Symantec's website but cannot get anything definitive to help.

Has anyone more experience of this package and can sugest a workaround without having to up any admin privaleges for the security staff?

Many thanks.

PS the gig won't stump up for a licenced version of realVNC that has file transfer facilities - I'm stuck with pcAnywhere.

Working...
X