• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Academic Education in CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academic Education in CV

In the IT market, Academic education is , well I don’t remember anyone asking me about this . I am thinking to remove it from the CV, a good start to shrink the 4-pages fatty.

Depends what you got.

I correctly formatted education should take no more than 5 lies. I have GCSE (1 line just numbers taken), a-levels (1 line - subjects + grades), Degree (2 lines) plus some spacer lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      ...correctly formatted education should take no more than 5 lies.
      Good man !

Comment

Erm... lines.

Comment

...of course.

Comment

If you're cogging on a bit, educational qualifications are fairly irrelevant. They may even be a liability, because what may have been once pretty good qualifications have lost their worth over the years. In the early 70s for example two Bs and a C at A level were very respectable and enough to get one into a top university and the only people who got three or four As were lifers in Parkhurst. But now anything less than five straight As and you're practically subnormal.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
              In the IT market, Academic education is , well I don’t remember anyone asking me about this . I am thinking to remove it from the CV, a good start to shrink the 4-pages fatty.
              In general, degrees aren't that useful in UK unless they are mandatory by law. Just take off the years you spent on education and replace them with false work experience. That's what recruiters want to see.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

It's worth mentioning your degree especially if it's Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering etc.

If you don't have a degree then it's probably best to keep quiet about your whole education.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Just don't bother putting grades down, just state what examinations you have taken. The grades are pretty meaningless nowdays anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    Just don't bother putting grades down, just state what examinations you have taken. The grades are pretty meaningless nowdays anyway.

And remember don't dare call yourself an engineer or use any derivative of it in your CV if you don't have a B.Eng.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X