• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientific proof - Zeitghost untrustworthy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.newscientisttech.com/arti...ess-trust.html

Kristine Nowak and Christian Rauh of the University of Connecticut created a variety of computer-drawn images to act as avatars, ranging from a blond girl with pigtails to a person neither clearly male nor female, and a ketchup bottle with a face.
    They then assigned these characters randomly to a group of volunteers and got them to chat in pairs via a computer. Each volunteer could see their partner's avatar but not their own.
    They were asked to chat for 20 minutes and then rate their partners on how credible, or trustworthy, and also how androgynous they seemed.
    The people represented by more androgynous avatars seemed less trustworthy to people, according to the new study, which will appear in a forthcoming edition of the journal Computers in Human Behavior.
    Curiously, the ketchup bottle character came second from last when rated on trustworthiness. Last was an avatar based on an intimidating lizard.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Maybe the people assigned the less androgynous avatars were actually more trustworthy..... duh !
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Sorry the research was not based on sound scientific principle.

The avatar was not of Zeitghost, it was an avatar of Zeitghosts dream girl
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I concur
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You can trust me, I’m a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonkers
            You can trust me, I’m a lawyer.
            I trust Lawyers. With what I don't know

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                Indeed
                Desperate need for thread divergence here I think

All the Notables seem to be Notable by their absence on site this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
                  Desperate need for thread divergence here I think

All the Notables seem to be Notable by their absence on site this morning
                  Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Indeed
                    You are turning into a real thread killer

Comment

Working...
                    X