• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to disolve untraded limited company ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to disolve untraded limited company ?

I won't go into which accountancy for now, but basically I paid
    £100 for company formation and then £70.50 as additional admin charge for setting up VAT, Bank account etc.

After about two weeks I decided to disolve the company which hasn't traded , I thought the above charges included the cost of that.

However I have just discoved the acountants want another £70.50 to disolve the company, is this quite simple to do ? Can I do this myself ?

Also I've had a letter from the IR and they want me to send them details of when I intend to trade. (I persume I just tell then I intend to disolve the company?)

Just keep it open. I am assuming you were going contract then didnt.

Just keep sending notifications on non trading each year to CH.

Comment

You say the company has not traded.
      Have the costs involved (£170.50) in setting up the company been put through the companys acc.
      Has the vat on these costs been entered into the co Vat ret.
      If so it has traded.
      Why dissolve the company at all? why not make it dormant, you may need it at some time in future.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

no none of the expenses have gone through the account, i have paid personally. A business acount has been set up but it's never been used. So I don't think it's traded.

IR are asking me when it intends to trade ?

how do I make it dormant ?
        and would that cost me each year ?

Also dormant sounds good as I may decide to go contracting in a couple of years !
        Last edited by biggie; 12 July 2007, 21:47.

Comment

Will have to pass this one over to my company sec tomorrow and post back.
          He handles this for me and is well up on it.
          I/He just reactivated a company he made dormant 2 years ago so that we could take on a marine civil engineering contract. (I Have fingers in many pie's)
          He also had the bank account made innactive so I will find out more about that as well.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You can keep it dormant if you think you'll need it but the hassle might not be worth it.

If you have not traded then when I closed an old company my accountant supplied a form from Companies House (652 I think), signed and sent to them, after a few months the company was closed.

When I last closed my company I paid £150 so sounds like a bargin at £70!!
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

but I have paid £170 just to set it up.

so is £240 to set it up an then disolve it reasonabile ?

Comment

Have you got a VAT registration yet?...if so there could be value in selling the company on
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

haven't heard anything about the VAT registration
                  however I have recieved a GT41G form

asking me trading details

Comment

Check out the guidance books at companies house, here is the link:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/guidance.shtml

There is one on dormant companies and this one on dissolving the company:

GBW2 Strike-off, Dissolution and Restoration PDF (84k) | HTML

Comment

Working...
                    X