• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Taxpayers To Subsidise Foreign Students

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Taxpayers To Subsidise Foreign Students

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6295216.stm

Yay, more hard earned dough going to support people who should be supported by thier own governments....

Originally posted by Ardesco

Yay, more hard earned dough going to support people who should be supported by thier own governments....
    Yep, down the pan we go...charity begins at home!!!

Comment

The Higher Education Policy Institute (Hepi) says high fees might put off foreign students, who bring economic benefits to the country.

Er, no, they study here, get their degree and feck off elsewhere.

Comment

This is because students pay fees and spend money on food and rent. Once they have graduated, they might work in the UK and pay taxes here, the report says.

...or might not.

We already have thousands of foreigners that can’t even speak the language of the country they choose to reside in FFS, how about educating them for a start?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco

... as suggested in a think tank report that has been shrugged off by a government minister.

Comment

zeity, do you actually teach?

Comment

Has everyone conviniantly missed

International students from non-EU countries pay at least £3.3bn a year on tuition fees and living expenses
              Thats quite a lot of dough.

I know quite a few international students, there are some colleges which charge up to £10,000 a term (for gcses/a levels).

I think as semi educated people, some people here need to get off the whole "too many bloody foreigners" in the UK and open their eyes to the bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                The Higher Education Policy Institute (Hepi) says high fees might put off foreign students, who bring economic benefits to the country.

Er, no, they study here, get their degree and feck off elsewhere.
                Er, Worse. they study IT here, get their degree & feckin stay
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by IH33

I know quite a few international students, there are some colleges which charge up to £10,000 a term (for gcses/a levels).

I think as semi educated people, some people here need to get off the whole "too many bloody foreigners" in the UK and open their eyes to the bigger picture.
                  conveniently
                  That's

... and there are too many
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by IH33

We don't mind Johny foreigner coming here and spending money, we just want him to go home afterwards.
                    It's simple mathematics.
                    Ie. how many people can you cram into a mini and still be expected to drive it safely and economically
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X