• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confidentiality Agreement - Hidden Twist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confidentiality Agreement - Hidden Twist

I am working on a contract for a Blue Chip client via a national agency. I got a letter from the agency this week telling me that the client was introducing a requirement for all contractors to sign a confidentiality agreement.

No problem I thought, the same as any non-disclosure agreement between companies.

However, after all the small print and hidden away at the back of the agreement is the phrase (describing the purpose of the agreement):

"the confidential information is being provided to the receiving party......(so that)....the individual can carry out the duties expected of them in a pseudo employee role".

Is this as dodgy as it appears? I am by no means a pseudo employee, I am an employee of my own company which is supplying services to the agency to sell onto the end client.

If it said "to allow the party to provide services to the client as required by the contract"....I'd be much happier.

Anyone in, or has been in, a similar position?

Originally posted by opc
    I am working on a contract for a Blue Chip client via a national agency. I got a letter from the agency this week telling me that the client was introducing a requirement for all contractors to sign a confidentiality agreement.

No problem I thought, the same as any non-disclosure agreement between companies.

However, after all the small print and hidden away at the back of the agreement is the phrase (describing the purpose of the agreement):

"the confidential information is being provided to the receiving party......(so that)....the individual can carry out the duties expected of them in a pseudo employee role".

Is this as dodgy as it appears? I am by no means a pseudo employee, I am an employee of my own company which is supplying services to the agency to sell onto the end client.

If it said "to allow the party to provide services to the client as required by the contract"....I'd be much happier.

Anyone in, or has been in, a similar position?
    Not come across this myself, but I would strike this out, amend as necessary (initial changes) and sign - obviously, make sure you make a copy.

Comment

Working...
    X