• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No charges on 'cash for honours'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No charges on 'cash for honours'

So that's the end of that then
    The BBC understands that no-one is to face charges after the 16-month cash-for-honours investigation.

Four people were arrested - including two of Tony Blair's aides - during inquiries into whether honours were sold and whether a cover-up followed.

Police interviewed 136 people, including ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair and former Tory leader Michael Howard.

All denied wrongdoing, but friends of Mr Blair say the investigation helped weaken his authority.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Oh, fiddle sticks!
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      He's known as teflon tony for a reason. Or did I just make that up

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        It's not the end of it. Some of these feckers will now want to make a wedge from suing the police for wrongful arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          It's not the end of it. Some of these feckers will now want to make a wedge from suing the police for wrongful arrest.
          I'm not so sure. Just because no charges were brought doesn't mean the arrests were wrongful, and if they sue, they don't know what will come out in court. I reckon they'll settle for humiliating the investigators and perhaps a behind the scenes resigniationor two.

Comment

The new Justice Department means that the law is now effectively under Cabinet control.

Comment

Possibly only nothing charged at the moment. Once this crowd gets booted out the new administration may find some "new evidence".

Comment

See, they were honest all along. Why were we all so sceptical?
                British integrity shines through once more!

Comment

Looks like labours week, no charges on 'cash for honours' , a scandal which any other PM would have resigned over.

Two election wins and they come out squeaky clean for saying they’ve all had a puff on wacky backy!! FFS what’s this country coming to?

With all the spin around, they could take a cr*p in public and say they were doing their bit for the environment fertilising England’s (ok the UK’s) green fields …..

Rant over

"Wait, I still function!"

Comment

I was just thinking the very same thing. What do this shower of sh1te have to do to get turfed out.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X