• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer People

I just received an email (well 5 actually) re role but the tool forgot to BCC all other recipients, so over 50 people's email addy's were visible. The second email was a repeat with no BCC, the third email was correct with all recipients BCC'd, the fourth email was a recall attempt, the fifth email was an apology.. and I think there is a sixth on the way with the job spec...

Some of you may have received this email without your email address being restricted in BCC format. Please accept our apologies for this there appears to be a glitch in our system. Most mails seem to have been successfully recalled but a few seem to have been delivered so once again our apologies. You should receive an additional mail from us, this time containing the full job details which I think were also missing on the original mail.

Regards

Sarah

Sarah Malcolm BA (Hons)

Deputy Resource Delivery Manager

Ajilon

Tel: +44 (0)1782 558097

Fax: +44 (0) 1782 558010

Email: [email protected]

Computer People

1st Floor

I presume she is a recent grad as the novelty of putting BA (Hons) in her auto signature is still evident.

A fine example of the clueless feckwits our higher education system now produces.

Maybe you could email her a picture showing her where her arse and elbow are.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
      Sarah Malcolm BA (Hons)
      Muppets. Why do agents often put their amazing qualifications after their names like they're running a dental surgery?

MrRobin MEng (Drunk)
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
        Some of you may have received this email without your email address being restricted in BCC format. Please accept our apologies for this there appears to be a glitch in our system. Most mails seem to have been successfully recalled but a few seem to have been delivered so once again our apologies. You should receive an additional mail from us, this time containing the full job details which I think were also missing on the original mail.
        For "glitch" read "c*** of a barrow boy"

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          For "glitch" read "c*** of a barrow boy"

Comment

Perhaps the BA stands for Bu***r All

Comment

Actually when I said over 50 it's more like 400+. Someone did a reply to all:

Friends and colleagues,

Since it's Friday, here's my take on our recent spamming from our wonderful Sarah Malcolm..

...Some of you may have received this email...

460 people if you didn't even know yourself!

...without your email address being restricted in BCC format...

schoolboy error - embarrassing at the very least, sackable offence in the worst case as it breaches data protection laws, right?

...Please accept our apologies for this there appears to be a glitch in our system...

yes, blame it on the IT equipment, you had nothing to do with clicking 'send' did you...

...Most mails seem to have been successfully recalled but a few seem to have been delivered...

I think you'll find ALL that 460 emails were sent out!!

I just wonder why can't people just admit it when they make mistakes, at least we can respect them for being honest..

Have a good weekend all!

Richard

Comment

I never expect anything better from Computer Donkeys

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                  Actually when I said over 50 it's more like 400+. Someone did a reply to all:

Friends and colleagues,

Since it's Friday, here's my take on our recent spamming from our wonderful Sarah Malcolm..

...Some of you may have received this email...

460 people if you didn't even know yourself!

...without your email address being restricted in BCC format...

schoolboy error - embarrassing at the very least, sackable offence in the worst case as it breaches data protection laws, right?

...Please accept our apologies for this there appears to be a glitch in our system...

yes, blame it on the IT equipment, you had nothing to do with clicking 'send' did you...

...Most mails seem to have been successfully recalled but a few seem to have been delivered...

I think you'll find ALL that 460 emails were sent out!!

I just wonder why can't people just admit it when they make mistakes, at least we can respect them for being honest..

Have a good weekend all!

Richard
                  Cracking response - I hope that he copied Sarah in and that she is now suitably embarrassed

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars
                    Cracking response - I hope that he copied Sarah in and that she is now suitably embarrassed
                    Phone her up and ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X