• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retained Margin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retained Margin

I worked with a Managed company till the new budget. Post budget, they claim they're more of a project based company and hence legit. I wasn't too convinced so I set up my own Limited company.

When I quit using the Managed company, they retained their margin for the next month and a half calling it not enough notice, etc. Nothing in my contract about notice - I made sure of it when I signed it. I see this more as 'if I haven't used their service for a month (because I think it could be illegal), I shouldn't have to give them a cut'. Even if I process my invoices through them, they claim I can't charge expenses for that month since I notified them of my intent to leave.

What would my options be in this case? How can I get my money back? I'm willing to even challenge their contention, if I have to, that they're not a managed company. Any advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by diamante
    What would my options be in this case? How can I get my money back? I'm willing to even challenge their contention, if I have to, that they're not a managed company. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Small claims court.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
    X