• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time tracking against projects for client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time tracking against projects for client

We’ve just been told that ‘everyone’ in the dept has to start filling out reports of what we’re working on in SAP. This is because the client wants to track how much time is being spent on what project etc… Does this have an impact in IR35 status if I agree to do it?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

I wouldn't have thought so, as a business you're actually selling your time & skill, the client is entitled to know what you've done on which of their projects for the time you are billing.

Whether this is recorded on a spreadsheet, sub-invoice or the clients own system is neither here nor there...
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I wouldn't think so.

Just because they want to know what you are doing and when doesn't mean they can tell you what to do or when to do it.

Comment

Working...
      X